Here’s Your FLMS 2023 Need To Know!!
The Florida Lake Management Society Board of Directors welcomes you to the 34th Annual Symposium! Here are a few things to keep in mind while you are packing.
1. The Conference Registration Desk will be in the Overseas Ballroom Foyer beginning Monday afternoon. Please stop by to pick up your registration items after you check into your room.
2. If you registered for a workshop on Tuesday, you’ll find them in the Overseas Ballroom. Signs will also be located at each door. If you’re in the Algal workshop, please bring a microscope if you can. (We’ll have extras just in case). Those taking the R workshop should bring their laptop and have the previously sent files already downloaded. Breakfast is not included Tuesday, but a beverage station will be out for everyone all day and box lunch is for full day workshop attendees.
3. Breakfast for conference attendees will be available Wednesday, Thursday & Friday mornings starting at 7am in the Dolphin Ballroom/Exhibit Hall.
4. Lunch for all attendees will be in the Dolphin Ballroom/Exhibit Hall on Wednesday & Thursday. Your name badge is your entry into the meals.
5. Our Exhibitor Social will be held in the Dolphin Ballroom/Exhibit Hall during the Wednesday Poster Session from 6pm to 8pm. Use the drink tickets in your name badge for a FREE drink or two along with some light appetizers.
6. The Wednesday hospitality suite will be in the FLMS Villa immediately following the Exhibitors’ social. Stop by for more free drinks and snacks! The villa number will be posted at the registration desk. We will also have an abbreviated version of the competition we debuted last year, the H2O-lympics!
7. This year’s student FUNdraiser is our famous Conch Crawl Thursday evening from 5pm to 11pm(ish). Purchase your bus ticket at the registration desk and we’ll take you down to Key West for the evening. Along the way, we’ll serve some drinks and test your Florida Keys knowledge with Maryann’s Mile Marker Mania! In Key West, you can follow the group as we conch crawl to a few bars or head out on your own to eat and explore. Just be back on the bus by the designated time because it’s a long Uber ride back to Hawks Cay!
8. As usual, the temperature in the session & exhibit rooms can be variable. Bring a sweater or jacket with you, just in case!
9. DACS Aquatics CEUs are available for several sessions. These are posted on the website CEU page. Your session moderator will have the forms available for you immediately following the session.
10. Each of you will receive an attendee list a few days after the close of the symposium so you can continue networking throughout the year!
11. Hawks Cay is offering a 10% spa discount to all attendees (and family) so be sure to book your treatment and mention you are with FLMS!
12. Attention Students, Advisors, and FLMS current & Past Board Members Only: Meet Tuesday at 7:30pm at the Fire Pit below the adult pool area. We’re having our Student Meet & Greet with food & refreshments. This is a chance for our students to meet a smaller group of us before meeting 150 FLMS members the next day!
13. Attention Tax-exempt Organizations: Upon check in, you will be asked to provide your tax exempt certificate to use your tax-exempt status at Hawks Cay.
14. Don’t forget to pack your hat and sunscreen! It’s a long drive so pop some Jimmy Buffett in the player and get into an island mood!